OOPS guild forum

OOPS guild forum

#1 2009-01-03 18:45:47

Zasadzka

Administrator

macros

Another guide on Macro commands I learned and others have learned in-game. Also the commands have to be inputted in lowercase only to work.
Commands List: (Known)

/s - enables say chat
/z - enables zone chat
/g - enables guild chat
/w "player name" - whisper player

/cast "skill name"
/use "item name"
/wait "# of seconds"

/invite "player name"

All emotes work as well, /sleep, /angry, /dance, etc.

So I had the fun of making up some macros using simple commands that you can use in the chat window. Here are some examples of what you can make and a viewing of my macros I made up.

Stringing Skill Combos: Credit goes to Angelia

/cast "Player skill"
/wait .75
/cast "player skill"
/wait .75
/cast "player skill"
/wait 2

You get the picture on that part.

Changing Wardrobe: Credit goes to Angelia

/use "Item Name"
/wait ()
/use "Item Name"
/wait ()

The Family Macro: Credit goes to Xanados

/invite "Username"
/invite "username"
/invite "username"

Also all emote shortcuts are available to use in Macros, and even chat commands.

Sample Macros I made:

Barbie Girl Attack

/s I'm a Barbie Girl, in a barbie world!
/cast Blind Stab
/wait .75
/s I'm plastic, It's fantastic!
/wait ()
/cast Villainy
/s You can brush my hair and take me everywhere!
/wait ()
/cast Villainy
/s Come on Barbie Let's go Party
/dance

Surprise Buttsecks Attack (from behind)

/cast Blind Spot
/s OH OH OH
/wait .75
/cast Villainy
/s Ohhh godd yessssss
/wait 1
/cast Blind Stab
/s harderrrrrrrrr
/wait .75
/cast Villainy
/s AHHHHHHH!
/angry

Advanced macros guide:

This is a compilation of Macro Commands using the /script command found by Thegooch(Cyanide) in the [Guide]Basic Macro Commands thread.

Recommend reading through Syndreamer's Basic Macro Commands guide once if you are new to the Macroing Scene.

Experiment a bit after looking through some of the listed Macros. If you need help or found a use for a Function we don't have up yet, post.

Each Content links to the post with the explanations and details.

Contents:(anything without a name on it is founded by TheGooch)
Changing Width of Chat Frame, and relocating the Framerate text(Crtl-X)
If you always party with only one other person, then here's some handy macros
Put the open backpack where you want
Cancel Buff by Index(Number)
Using skills through hotbar slot

Numbers for each corresponding hotbar

Moving the Casting Bar(also moves crafting/gathering progress, credit strombow for pointing it out)
Moving the "Equipment Damaged" Graphic
Moving the Scrolling Text
Open Bank, House Chest, Character Window
Creating an Echo(message only you can see)
Checking the amount of HitPoints a mob has(before Attack)
Target Nearest Enemy
Assisting Person(requires you to target the person you want to help)
Get Target's Primary/Secondary Classes in chat frame
Remove Class Icons
Toggle Hotbar Lock
Report the level of crown elites
Loot frame positioning
Conditional Action Script(omnifas)
Modifier Functions(alt, shift, ctrl)
Sending Monster Information to public chat
Movement Functions(DennyR)
Variables
Camera Functions

These only scratch the surface, there is far more you can do with the current macro system.

There are more in the Thread, but due to my beliefs I will not list them, but if you are willing to search/read through the thread you'll find them.

Terms/Syntax/General Information to know:

/script - Needs to be in the Macro of Most if not all of the Macros listed above. It Tells the Macro System to access the LUA Functions in the RoM API. Like the /cast function which tell the system to access the Cast Function.

Syntax of an if/else statement -
Code:

/script if (*Condition*) then *Action*; else *Action*; end

Example:
Code:

/script if (UnitHealth("player")/UnitMaxHealth("player")<=.85) then UseAction(9); elseif (UnitHealth("player")/UnitMaxHealth("player")<=.90) then UseAction(11); else UseAction(13); end

The semicolon (; ) - is used to mark the end of a statement, its like the period (.) in english. It is better to learn from example, look at the above example and guess why the (; ) is there.

Character Limit - Macros are limited by a certain number of characters(letters) allowed per Macro. There are ways to connect Macros, and you'll see a few in the list above.

RoM/WoW Similarities - A lot of functions are similar to the WoW API, http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Interface_customization, so some functions from WoW may work in RoM.

Tips:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
If you include it with your other favorite macros (for window positions) then it's just one click of a macro to set up a bunch of stuff each time you log in. Unfortunately the 1793 patch still doesn't save all these settings, so we're using macro's to set a bunch in one shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbow View Post
Hotbar Numbering
Main Bar: 1-20
Upper Bar: 21-40
Right Bar: 41-60
Left Bar: 61-80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbow View Post
Tip: Throw all your UI mods on one of your unused Quick Bars (I use Left Bar: 61-80, which is not visible on my screen) and use the /script UseAction(61); UseAction(62); UseAction(63); etc. script to activate all of them from one visible quick bar slot.
Quote:
You can stack multiple items under one /script command (but the macro's only allow a certain number of characters)(separate with a semi-colon( ; ))
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
This tip isn't a macro, but it's related to macros. Often you write macros under one character but want your other characters to be able to use it as well. If you're familiar with windows and copying files, it's pretty easy to do, and faster than logging in as each character and re-creating the macro's over and over for each character.

If you're using Windows Vista, your macro file is here:
C:/Users/[your windows user name]/Documents/Radiant Arcana/[character name]/Macro.bsd

If you're using Windows XP, your macro file is here:
C:/Documents and Settings/[your windows user name]/My Documents/Radiant Arcana/[character name]/Macro.bsd

Just copy the Macro.bsd file from the character name folder that has the most up-to-date macros into each of your other characters folders (overwriting them if they exist). The next time you log in as those characters you will have all your latest macros and just need to drag the ones you want onto your hotbar.

Board footer

RSS